Used by specialty cafés around the world, the Clever Brewer produces a consistent, clean cup of coffee every time. The resulting coffee retains much of the delicious body of a French press, but does away with the sediment. The steep-and-release mechanism means that you can accurately control the brewing, and extract the coffee directly into your mug with no mess.
A fool-proof and inexpensive full-immersion method of brewing coffee, this little gem is as familiar as a drip machine - it uses #4 filters - and is as simple to use as a French press. At this price, it's about one of the best value brewers you can find.
- Requires a standard #4 filter
- Practical Capacity: 500ml (16.9oz)
- Heat-resistant, durable and BPA-free Eastman Tritan™ copolyester
Dose: 18.5g | Water weight: 310g | Ratio: 16.75 : 1 | Brew time: 2:30
- Fill kettle to maximum volume, and set to boil (100°C / 212°F)
- Carefully fold seams of paper filter to allow filter to sit flush in the dripper
- Rinse the filter with hot water to remove paper taste and also to heat the brewer
- Empty water from dripper, place on scale, tare
How to Brew with the Clever Drip System
- Add boiling water (100°C / 212°F) to full weight (310g)
- Add coffee grinds to the water, start timer
- Use spoon to break-up all dry clumps while stirring the grinds to ensure a full saturation
- Cap the brewer with the lid no later than 0:25 to steep until 1:10
- At 1:10 remove cap
- Break crust by stirring with spoon, pulling residual grounds off of the filter walls, and stir two full rotations
- Place dripper on top of carafe/cup to activate drain-valve while stirring 4 more times to initiate a vortex, replace lid, and wait for coffee to fully drain
- At 2:30 remove lid to check water level (all brewing water should be drained, but it may go as long as 2:45)
The Clever Coffee Brewer uses standard #4 paper filters. You can also upgrade your coffee experience by using Kalita Japanese Premium paper filters, or CoffeeSock Organic Cloth Filters made in the USA.
We use only certified organic specialty grade coffees produced by small family owned coffee farms. Powered by Cooperative Coffees!
A lof of hard work has gone into this coffee, so don't screw it up now! We recommend two tablespoons of ground coffee for every six ounces of water. For more detailed instructions, visit our How to Brew page.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
UPS Ground shipping means you'll get your coffee fast! Takes two to five business days. 🚌 💨 💨 💨
Expanding Definition of Quality ☕️Bongo Fair Trade
We only roast the highest quality organic and fair trade coffee beans. Trace them to their source at:
Carbon Climate Coffee 🌎Carbon Climate Coffee
We're part of an innovative pilot project to pay organic coffee farmers more for carbon stored on their land!
Free Shipping on Orders $65+ 📦Shipping Details
Just a little incentive to make sure your cupboard is stocked full of Bongo Java! Free Shipping on all orders over $65
Bongo Java is:
☕️ Fresh roasted to order.
🤝 Purchased above Fair Trade prices.
🌱 100% Certified Organic!
❤️ Made with love and a sense of community.
Small batch roasted.
😎 98% Pretension Free