Fido Prep Cook and Kitchen Staff APPLY NOW
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Base Rate: Hourly
The Prep Cook and Kitchen Staff will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
- Prepares, washes, and cuts food to be cooked.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Set up and clean station according to company protocol
- Maintain overall sanitation, health, cleanliness, and safety standards for food preparation areas, cooking services, and dishes and utensils.
- Properly operates equipment including but not limited to ovens, cook tops, food processors, blenders, etc..
- Preparing items by grilling, frying, chopping, sauteing, and baking
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs
- Label prepared tems clearly and accurately to ensure quality and freshness of ingredients and products
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of experience working in a restaurant
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn food-handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other kitchen staff to meet client and leadership expectations.
- Ability to read, communicate, and follow direction
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Experience with various food preparation methods and procedures
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, and lift
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
2023-07-31|||Fido|||Fido Back of House||||||yLhWN-MJ8oLQ~wMa|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||