Bongo East + Game Point Cafe Manager APPLY NOW
Location: 107 South 11th St. Nashville, TN 37206
The Cafe Manager is the primary supervisor and point of contact for anything pertaining specifically to Bongo East + Game Point Cafe. This role will engage in the entire location-specific management process including but not limited to hiring and developing staff, coordination of special events, acquisition of new and existing materials and products, and beyond. The goal of this position is to lead others through deliberate, positive reinforcement of Bongo’s ethical and procedural standards to exceed expectations in hospitality, food and drink quality, and professional and personal relationship building.
- Embody Bongo Java’s core values; reflect those values when interacting with staff, guests, and professional contacts.
- Have in-depth knowledge of our brand history, food and beverage sourcing, and our POS (Toast Tab) front-end and back-end.
- Maintain and expand client base by building rapport with current clientele and identifying new opportunities.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise pre or post-sale.
- Resolves guest and staff negative feedback, and other related issues that may interfere with efficient operations.
- Maintain Slack or similar communication channels to ensure prompt delivery of important information and updates for staff.
- Maintain Sling or similar scheduling tool to ensure prompt assembly and delivery of weekly schedules.
- Oversees or delegates ordering and maintenance of stock for all food and drink materials and retail goods.
- Thoroughly understands and evolves with Bongo Java’s products and business model.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop sales, labor, COGS, and engagement strategies.
- Maintain tracking systems and documentation around the progress of the sale.
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings with store and company leadership.
- Respond to all emails and other work-related communications within 24 hours.
- Maintain email inbox and all other G-Drive folders and documents.
- Maintain relationships with current and prospective vendors.
- Collaborates with store-specific leadership and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly.
- Maintain location-specific social media presence in accordance with company Social Media guidelines.
- Maintain all expenses and submit detailed reports each month.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor's degree in related fields preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required.
● A strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to roll with the punches.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-shifting, start-up environment.
● Experience consistent with increasing responsibilities.
● Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
● Is self-directed, self-motivated, and deadline-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
● Respect for others.
● Familiarity with Toast Tab POS, Slack, Gmail and G-Suite, and Sling scheduling.
● Familiarity with board games and willingness to learn and teach others.
● Barista training completed within 30 days of hire.
● Valid TN ABC 5-year Server Permit
● Ability to multitask and complete work remotely, when necessary.
● Valid driver's license and current car insurance.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication.
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
● Proficiency with Google G Suite programs or related software.
● Smartphone with data enabled and available space to accommodate work-related communications
● Bi-Weekly Pay Period
● Mileage Reimbursement for official use of Personal vehicle.
● Eligible for Health Insurance 1st of the month after 60 days of employment (medical, dental, vision,
worksite life insurance, Go365 Wellness program, etc)
● Paid time off available, please see our company wide PTO policy
● Opportunity to grow within company2023-04-08|||Bongo East - Game Point|||||||||LoPvpnF66OUbhSSn|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||